- Job seekers rely on networking, letters of recommendation, and personal introductions to get a job.
- Local restaurants live (or die) by word of mouth and referrals.
- Recommendations and ratings from customers can do wonders to help us sell our products online.
The quality and source of the endorsements matter too. You’ve probably seen a restaurant with a 3 month waiting list because the New York Times food critic says it’s great. And we all know what can happen if Oprah gets behind a new novel. What is the equivalent for an online merchant? How about getting a stamp of approval from Google for your store?
We are proud to have been the first, and 1 of only 4 e-commerce platforms currently listed on the Google Stores website as the provider of an automated, approved Google Trusted Stores “Feed.” Having a feed not only allows you to meet the requirements to even be able to apply to become a Google Trusted Store, but it also automates the transfer of data and packages it up nicely for Google. Then they can evaluate you, accept you and give you that coveted icon which appears next to your ads in Google Shopping and on your site.
What does it take to become a Google Trusted Store? Well, it would not be so coveted if it were too easy, right? Great performance is the key. Google’s guidelines are all about customer service. Take care of your shoppers and you’ll earn Google’s endorsement.
How can you qualify? Here are the main requirements:
- Be a US merchant with a site in English.
- Post your terms of service, shipping, privacy and return policies.
- Adhere to Google’s content policies.
- Protect customer data by transmitting securely.
- Sell eligible products.
- Maintain an average time-to-ship of less than 10 days.
- Capture payments no more than 1 day before shipping the order.
- Refund payment if the shipment is delayed, until the item is ready to ship within 1 business day.
- Submit shipping data for at least 85% of your total orders.
- Use trackable shipping carriers (UPS, USPS, FedEx) for at least 50% of your orders.
- Process at least 500 orders per month.
- Respond to customer complaints (or Google inquiries) within 1 business day.
Can you do all that? Then you can qualify!
First add the Google Trusted Stores code to your website. Then, for 28 days, Google will monitor your shipping and customer service. If you perform well, the Google Trusted Stores badge will begin appearing on your site.
Want to get started now? We have step-by-step instructions for you here.
As a Google Trusted Store, you’ll not only inspire confidence in shoppers, directly leading to increased conversions, but you’ll instantly be more visible in Google Search and Google Shopping results. This can be especially important in Google Shopping, where many of the big box stores dominate the listings, but do not participate in the Trusted Stores program. Being a Trusted Store gives you a way to somewhat even the playing field.
If you think you might be able to qualify, and would like to know more about setting up the feed so you can apply to the program, click here to visit our site. Take a look at the Google Trusted Stores feed and please feel free to click on the Live Guide button on the right to ask any questions.